Friday, May 23, 2008

Is Next, Tankwear!

Here's a story about the fashion-conscious Russian Army and the designer behind it. My observations:

1) I had not heard about the redesign of the hats and I am surprised that even got off the ground. In my early-90s travels in Russia the object appeared to be to have the largest possible hat at the closest angle to ninety degrees on the back of the head. Is chick magnet.

2) I had no idea footcloths were in use in any army so recently.

3) Slimmer uniforms are a good idea unless 25% of your force is overweight.

4) The need for "breathable/movable" clothing probably stemmed from the rigorous requirements of dedovshchina rather than, say, actual operational considerations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's with all the gold braid and, more importantly, where are the sexy little uniforms for our female comrades in arms? My take: Just say nyet.