Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Science!

The ageing Hubble Space Telescope* has helped discover some of the unverse's missing missing dark matter, although it will have to share the reward money with the other robot spacecraft.

Frankly this sounds very similar to a Tholian Web so I can see how the scientists would want to soft-pedal this one.

*My high school European History teacher loved the constant references to "the ageing Franz Joseph of Austria" throughout the latter half of the nineteenth century sections of European History textbooks. Given that it feels like the HST was launched in 1848 I will refer to the venerable satellite as the Hapsburg Space Telescope from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for the Labels "Blinded me with" and "You light up my night." I am so disappointed.

Have you read the Smithsonian article about shooting lasers into black holes?