Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ich Bin Ein Berliner

Earlier this month a wax figure of Hitler was attacked in Berlin. You can use the google to read all about it...I've been too busy preparing for the opening of Mama Mia the movie to figure out how to add links.

I was intrigued by the comment, "The exhibit showed a downtrodden Hitler...". What were people expecting, Hitler in lederhosen, enjoying a stein of beer with a band playing oom pah pah in the background?

On a lighter note...Germany's favorite, David Hasselhoff is celebrating his birthday today.

4 comments:

Dave S. said...

I can certainly raise a stein to The Hoff!

Anonymous said...

Dear EMM,

How does one prepare for "Mamma Mia!"? Does this require donning lots of spandex and downloading ABBA tunes onto one's iPod and dancing around the house until one has memorized all the lyrics? I want to be prepared when I go (sadly not until some time next week).

J.

P.S. Colin Firth was in one of my dreams last night.

EMM said...

Hello J. No spandex required. You should have already had the lyrics memorized well before the invention of the i-pod ;). My preparations included making sure my fabulous girlfriends had their husbands scheduled for child care duty. Hmmm CF, from a particular film? We (the girls) have had many a discussion on to which CF we love best. Personally, the fencing scene in P&P or his performance in Love Actually are my favorites. Cheers! E.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the clarification, EMM. Am off to see MM after we get the child off to sleepaway camp. (Am already working on the blog post.)

As for CF, what's not to love? (Saw him on some talk show the other day while working out and nearly fell off the eliptical trainer. He's soooo dreamy. ; )