Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Recording Contract with America

Years ago JJV had a cassette tape of Confederate songs that, when it wasn't rattling around the floor of his car, was annoying passengers and only distracting them slightly from JJV's legendary battle against the laws of physics and traffic. Now, from the apparently legitimate (i.e. its website appears genuine) Republican Policy Committee comes Freedom Songs, a CD of apparently transcendent craposity.

I will plead guilty to judging without listening, but based on their combination of cutting-edge 1970s typefaces and "retro +1" photos of TR etc., I think we have a hit on our hands.

Frankly, after checking out some more of the site based on Laura's "that can't possibly be real" reaction, I am unsure whether this is the work of Congressional GOP simpletons or a tremendously detailed parody a la The Yes Men. I am a big fan of Occam's Razor so I am going with door number one.

h/t Obsidian Wings

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I have yet to take a listen, I have no doubt that "Horse and I'm Ready," written by Rep. Thaddeus McCotter and performed by The Flying Squirrels will be a big hit. Order your free CD today!

jjv said...

The DNC has retaliated with "Bondage Songs."

Dave S. said...

Hey, JJV, you forgot the link to the DNC website for that. Can you send that along? Kthx.

J. said...

It's more commonly known as "The Blues."

Hey, is that a bullwhip in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?