Friday, August 22, 2008

Wait I Thought We DIdn't Allow Gays In The Military?

I really did not expect to see this argument on strategypage. I do know the Marines are quite proud of their dress uniforms. They are also excessively neat and tidy. No wonder they have to screen. In all seriousness in college I once attended a NAFAC conference at the Naval Academy and there was a formal dinner in the evening. All of the service branches plus the state military academies were represented. The most impressive uniforms for my money were the Cadets of VMI. It was grey with a purple sash and sword.

Now that grey is not in use perhaps the Army could use that?

2 comments:

Dave S. said...

So those purple sashes caught your eye, eh? "Sir! They are fuschia, and they are a babe magnet, Sir!"

I suspect J will be along any moment with a Gang of Four reference.

EMM said...

In college I went to a formal dance at West Point, and if I remember correctly, the Cadets wore gray.

"Magnets" they are...my date swept me off my feet and gallantly carried me back to my car at the end of the evening...cut short since he was a Plebe and had to be back before Taps. To this day, I still have a thing for tall, handsome men in uniform ;).

Ooh Rah!