Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Hills are Alive with the Sound of... Hail Cannon Fire?

Bucolic Bennington, Vermont is rocked by a weather cannon and the neighbors are not amused. As a veteran of numerous experiments involving butane-vapor artillery* I completely understand the determination of the gun's owner to keep firing despite community opposition and the apparent lack of scientific justification for any of this.

I eagerly await JJV's Second Amendment-inspired musings.

*Valuable side contribution to science: Duct tape can melt, more or less. Who knew?

2 comments:

jjv said...

Hmmm.. is this what is meant by a "hail of bullets?" Seems like a lot of dowsing nonsense to me but as ever the NIMBY liberals respond right on cue. "I'm all for farming except when it bothers me." You should link to a seller of "hail canons" dave.

Hail and Farewell.

J. said...

Hiss. Boom! Bah.