Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Im-Palin-ed

Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to be away from high-speed Internet access.

I really have nothing to add about McCain's draw-on-19 maneuver. I do resent that it has spared the nation the spectacle of McCain-Lieberman, not only for the potentially historic status of Lieberman as the only vice-presidential candidate to be on losing tickets for two different political parties.

I am also enjoying the contortions through which the right wing, including our own beloved (really) JJV, are putting themselves. Frankly, you can hardly blame them for sticking to the prescribed talking points, as there isn't much else to go on.

I sincerely hope I am not the first person to describe those most, um, excited by the Palin pick as "schwing!" voters, but a man can dream.

See? I told you I had nothing to add.

Update: OK, OK, after reading this piece I have some particularly immature observations. After each sentence, please play your own version of a rimshot in your head.

1) Not only is Palin a Washington DC outsider, she's a Washington State outsider!

2) Why she felt the need to say she was in favor of laying more pipe is beyond me.

Thanks, I'm here all week! Remember your waiters! As penance, I will refrain from commenting on the next two asinine things JJV has to say. After that five minutes is up it's back to business.

3 comments:

J. said...

Dave,

The "schwing" line would have been a lot more powerful (dare I say, a mighty erection -- of a comment, of course) if you had made it last Friday. Timing, as you know, is everything.

I love your humor, but please keep your day job.

J. said...

P.S. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Omg - happy bday Dave. When is the actual day & is it tied to a Happy Hour?