Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cakes, Ailing

It's a cake!

It's a wreck!

It's... CakeWrecks!

This sort of goes back to the title of this wonderful birthday post, which in turn refers to the inscription on a cake some of my college friends got for me when I turned 21. (It would be churlish of me to note that the inscription actually read "Happy Bar Mitzvah Irving" so I consider myself bechurled.) Apparently they picked it up at the Unclaimed Cakes counter at a local bakery.

It also reminds me that most of the masthead may recall that, in the midst of our very fun wedding reception, Laura and I almost forgot to cut our cake. In turn, Laura was the one who forwarded this link to me.

JJV may now lead the masthead in a rendition of "Circle of Life." Thank you.

3 comments:

EMM said...

Beware of the cake table! The "baby" cakes were horrific!

You can stop the madness and clear your mind of by just baking (from a mix) a simple, delicious cake...with sprinkles...or funfetti if you're feeling dangerous.

Dave S. said...

Better yet, tomorrow night is Apple Pie Throwdown: Vermont v. New York!

J. said...

So that's where "Happy Bar Mitzvah Irving" came from! Oooooh.

CakeWrecks is a great blog -- and the NYT article was like a "best of."

So when is a publisher going to contact us about turning our blogs into books, Dave? ; )

Send pie. Then again, if you couldn't even send a simple text from the Merritt...