Friday, December 09, 2011

I Hope I Remain as Timeless

Here's a great story about the origin of A Charlie Brown Christmas, which is more or less exactly as old as I am. We finally got it on DVD some time ago as a replacement for the VHS copy my parents made for me off of good old WHEC in Rochester, NY. While we gained the lost footage pared away through the years by increasing amounts of commercials (no irony there whatsoever), we did lose a PSA recorded by a pre-Next Generation Michael Dorn as well as this essential Pavlovian moment:



We also have How the Grinch Stole Christmas! on DVD and can recreate the unparalleled one-two punch of CBS' lineup of the two greatest holiday specials of all time, period, the end. Nothing against Rudolph or Year without a Santa Claus, that's just how it is.

No comments: