Sunday, December 02, 2012

Holiday Tradition

Today is the first Sunday of Advent. Normally this is when the first candle of the Advent wreath is lit in church, although now when I think of candles and wreaths and Christmas I immediately think of the dinner scene in the holiday classic The Ref (really, do check it out if you've never seen it).

One of my favorite Christmas songs is "O Holy Night," which is a beautiful piece of music requiring - this is important - a professional-level voice to really nail the high notes. I know my limits and tend to drop a few octaves when singing along in the car, because a missed note at a lower register is better than a sonically-shattered windshield.

That being said, please enjoy endure this bravely misguided rendition:



As Leonard Pinth-Garnell would say, "That wasn't very good, now, was it?" If you can make it all the way through, you'll applaud as the singer takes a vocal mulligan on the final long note.

PS - You're welcome!

No comments: