Saturday, January 12, 2013

I Find Your Lack of Funding Disturbing

As you may know, one of the ways in which our illegitimate Kenyan usurper so-called President maintains the facade of democratic governance is an official site wherein citizens may petition the government on any issue seen fit. Per the Terms of Participation, any petition getting 25,000 signatures within 30 days will receive an official response. First Amendment + Internet = what could possibly happen?

Not surprisingly, more than 25,000 of my fellow citizens agreed that the United States should build a Death Star. I can imagine the Senate is against this purely for employment reasons. Al Franken* can rest easy, as the White House has responded in the hilariously negative.

Not that we're going to let rebellious systems slip through our fingers...

*Who follows me on Twitter, incidentally. What's your excuse?

2 comments:

J. said...

I can imagine the Senate is against this purely for employment reasons.

Are you kidding? Think of all the Republican toadies, I mean defense contractors, this would employ?

Also, too, Ronald Reagan, Star Wars, what's not to love?

Anonymous said...

Typical Obama. Refuses to negotiate? A counter of even a single Star Destroyer was too much for him? My way or the highway. Worse, he is doing nothing to stop Iran from building one.

jjv