Sunday, December 15, 2013

Peter O'Toole 1932(33?)-2013

Peter O'Toole has died after a long illness. I am very sad about that but also slightly amazed he made it this far. In addition to his spectacular performance in Lawrence of Arabia*, one should also check out Lion in Winter and his two later roles in The Stunt Man and My Favorite Year, for all four of which he should have received the Best Actor Oscar.

This is borderline unfair but funny nevertheless:**



*In which accuracy took a back seat to drama and flair and a dash of misrepresentation, much like Lawrence's Seven Pillars of Wisdom, the work on which Robert Bolt based the screenplay.

**Just like this blog! Although some might switch the use of "borderline" around.

1 comment:

jjv said...

I never saw that. Made me miss John Candy. Loved the misspellings of everybody's name.

R.I.P.