Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Century of Frank-Many Good Years for Music.

The indefatible Mark Steyn has this wonderful piece on 2015 being the centenry of the birth of one Albert Frances Sinatra, known to Hoboken and the world as "Frank." http://www.steynonline.com/6737/it-was-a-very-good-year That a Kingston Trio song was turned into a classic by Frank is new to me. I don't know how Steyn knows all he knows about music and Broadway and still manages to keep up with various Muslim and Leftist outrages but there you are. I only saw Sinatra once in person but even in Winter the guy could sing. Unfortunately, as Steyn relates--that attracted the notice of William Shatner who essayed the song as well. When I was Captain Kirk, it was a very good year. A year of torn shirts And Mini-skirts...

2 comments:

Dave S. said...

"Indefatible"? I first read that as "indefensible" and, strangely for a JJV extrusion, found myself nodding in agreement.

Also, when did Ol' Blue Eyes cover "Charlie on the MTA"?

jjv said...

He never returned, No he never returned, that cat just couldn't come back!