I'm going to fast-forward for a moment to let everyone know that CRH and I made it back successfully from our wanderings through the upper Midwest, and had a fantastic journey* to boot.
However, two factors - one I should have known and one I discovered - hindered timely reporting of our adventures:
- I should have known that there is no cell service in the Boundary Waters so no possibility of anything remotely like liveblogging.
- I discovered that the Blogger mobile app is just terrible, so even with cell service on the road and two initial posts under my belt it was just not feasible to publish.
Fortunately I took pretty good notes so I will be using those to fill in the framework I created before we set out, with a couple additional standalone pieces as necessary.
I cannot guarantee that I will proceed in linear fashion so it is likely that the posts will be out of chronological order. Hopefully the titling scheme of the posts will suffice to guide the reader. Additionally I will be revisiting previously-published material to make sure I am satisfied with the writing. This was an incredible experience and I want to do it justice.
UPDATE: I have added a label-based link for the series to the Essence of Potpourri section on the right-hand side.
*No, not that one

No comments:
Post a Comment