Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Life of Bryan

Chapter 1 - The Beginning


Potpourri for $500 is ecstatic to announce the arrival of Bryan Joseph Slattery, born this day in the condo of Dave and Laura. Bryan was born at 2:53 AM, weighing 9 pounds, 3 ounces and measuring 21 inches. All are well, although Big Sister Fiona was sure there was still a little sister in there somewhere.

Fellow blogger/blogging fellow/for he's a blogging good fellow/boy I'm tired Mike Sauter notes that Bryan shares a birthday with Mike Scott of The Waterboys, Spider Stacy of The Pogues, actress Patty Duke, and power broker Michael Ovitz.

Since I will be home for a bit on paternity leave, we may see a slight uptick in postings depending on everyone's schedules. JJV has been busy sending things my way and they are more or less timeless, so I will work on that backlog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mr. Slattery and all the Slatteries, especially Laura.

JJV

Anonymous said...

Fiona's reaction reminds me of what my then nearly 8 year old brother said (accordingly to our mom - I have no direct recollection) when he first saw me as I was unwrapped from the bundling after coming home from the hospital: "That's it?" Apparently he was expecting something more spectacular....

A hearty mazel tov to all!

Anonymous said...

jcc said ...

You named your boy BJ? *shakes head*

Oh, and mazel tov!

Dave S. said...

No, we named him (steely glare)Bryan Joseph(/steely glare). Laura and I considered the implications but proceeded nonetheless. Hopefully our son will not judge us too harshly.

Anonymous said...

Many heartfelt congratulations!