Friday, January 13, 2006

Apparently Dubya is Writing His Own Executive Orders Now

Potpourri for $500 welcomes contributor MCC, who suspects the whole "unitary executive" thing is going too far:

As someone who spends my days writing and who has spent my career in and around government, I realize that there's a certain amount of "bureaucratese" and just plain bad writing that's going to creep into official government documents. But a recent Executive Order issued by Bush about "Improving Agency Disclosure of Information" (under the Freedom of Information Act) really reads like he just wrote it down personally on a napkin while riding in Air Force One. To wit:
Agency FOIA operations shall be both results-oriented and produce results.
I can hear Jon Stewart's bad, but funny, Bush impression and snicker even as I read the words....

No comments: