Saturday, December 29, 2007

Things Are Gonna Change, I Can Feel It

I'm a driver, and I'm also a winner on two fronts:

1) The Friday before last I managed to battle a formidable field to end up in a three-way tie for an "end-this-sentence" contest on blogroll denizen Jeri Smith-Ready's site.

2) SEC rules prevent certain employees of my place of employment from accepting gifts, so the company collects them all and raffles them off at the end of the year to anyone submitting a business card. A certain New England client deluges us with jugs of maple syrup, so usually I snag one of those. This year, however, I was in line for a "bag of games" which, despite the attractive tote bag, was filled with things that were destined for the Regifting Bin. Fortunately a syrup winner was willing to trade, so I can keep my family in waffles for a bit longer.

I would also say that I am a winner for getting to go to the train show tomorrow, but it is on condition (offered by me - JJV is shaking his head) that I take both kids. As long as I make it out of there with a New York Central coffee mug I will count it a success. Oh, and both kids also. Nitpickers.

No comments: