Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Triumphant Return of Un Blogger Andalou

Many thanks for the good wishes expressed before and after my Lasik. The procedure went fine but
Hi! Those of you who may be slightly squeamish about eyes and stuff my want to skip down to the section marked "It's OK Now." The rest of you have been warned.
there was a minor complication the next day when the flap of my left eye had to be smoothed out with what the doctor described as a "microscopic rolling pin." That also went well and the overall prognosis is good, but my left eye is now behind my right eye in terms of healing (not in a Picasso sense). As far as my vision is concerned I can say that

"It's OK Now."

However, it makes things a bit hard to read for very long, especially at the end of the day. So this post will be a short one.

Thanks also to JJV for his soldiering on through my quasi-convalescence. I was going to say something snarky about the other, slightly less prolific half of our blogging team but I am not even sure if they read the blog.

I will leave any liveblogging of Super Tuesday to my esteemed colleague. I would also like him to say more about all of the wingnuts' visceral hatred of McCain given the angry, violent senator from Arizona's good showing thus far. Are they really going Bolshie on us or is this more like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction?

Oh, and happy Mardi Gras! Laura works right by St. Matthew's so I will have her look out for JJV fulfilling his obligation tomorrow.

No comments: