The recent comments by McCain top advisor Charlie Black that another terrorist attack within the United States would provide a political benefit to McCain were reprehensible. However, they did get me thinking – what other horrible catastrophe would help out the political aspirations of the current Republican nominee?
1. A massive earthquake along the San Andreas Fault, causing California to sink into the Pacific Ocean would really help McCain politically.
2. Repeal of the 13th Amendment would be a political boon to Johnny Walnuts (and heck, while we are at it, let’s get rid of the 19th Amendment, too).
3. Hitler coming back from the dead with a legion of SS stormtroopers would enhance John McCain’s political cachet.
4. The abolition of our constitutional democracy, the ascension of King George the First, and anointment as the crown prince of America would give Prince John a political leg up.
5. Obama contracting leprosy from illegal immigrants would strengthen McCain’s political bid.
Feel free to add your own horrific story of death and destruction, and you too could work for the McCain campaign (that is, once you also become a registered lobbyist).