Friday, October 10, 2008

Anchored Down In Anchorage

I love Michelle Shocked and when I grow up, I want to be an old woman. Any time I hear the word Anchorage, I think of her song.

But I digress. And ask the question; will this, along with the pending nuptials of her daughter and perhaps some presently unstated need to be with her infant child be the straw that breaks the proverbial camel's back? Will SP go away? Will the Republicans try a last ditch effort and bring in someone else? Will SNL's ratings go down?

I am aware that as an Independently registered white woman in DC, who votes Republican, I am SOL. But, am thankful to have the right to vote. I am a firm believer that if you don't exercise your right to vote, you should keep your political opinions to yourself.

I am also painfully aware that I need a blogging tutorial and am adding this link in case I did not do so correctly in the header. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/palin_troopergate

I'm EMM, and I support this message.

3 comments:

J. said...

I, too, was a big Michelle Shocked fan -- and think of her song whenever I hear the word "Anchorage." And I, too, believe that the right to vote is one of our greatest rights and should be exercised. And yeah, you are SOL, EMM. ; )

Btw, if McCain really cared about the economy he'd ditch Palin and beg Romney to take over the VP slot. I'm not a big Romney fan but the guy has way more executive experience than Palin, both on the government and corporate level, exemplifies family values, and understands how the economy works (or more than Palin does).

I'm J., and I approve this comment and blog post.

Dave S. said...

McCain is stuck with Palin. If he dumps her, the pre-recorded Obama commercial with the theme "You don't get a second chance on the big decisions" hits the airwaves in all 57 states. I'd feel bad for him if he weren't so completely and utterly personally responsible for all of this.

jjv said...

Palin is a net plust for McCain. I looked at the report. Even with Democrats driving this thing, and the Republican establishment she beat helping them its just a "mixed motive" case. She had lots of reasons to fire the guy and did not screen out the personal ones. I note it recommends no further investigation. I wonder if Fitgerald will find the same now that Rezko is singing?