Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Paper, Plastic or Reinforced Concrete?

I need to provide some counter-examples to my earlier theory of grocery bagging:

1) Conveyor belt placement goes out the window when being assisted by enthusiastic children. My organizational schema was reduced to "Save the eggs!"

2) On an emergency run earlier in the week I ended up with seven items, all but one of which were extremely heavy. I didn't think the store was called "Shoppers Depleted Uranium Warehouse" or "Stop & Throw Your Back Out" but I was in a hurry and didn't check. Also, one of the items was a six-pack of Brooklyn IPA so relief was at hand.

2 comments:

J. said...

Beer is sacred and must always travel in a separate bag or be lovingly hand carried sans bag. However, as I live in a DRY town (the THIRD DRY TOWN I have lived in as an adult), this is not usually a problem.

Dave S. said...

That is a remarkable (if unfortunate) fact and I learned it on the Internet.