J at the essentially eponymous J-TWO-O has tagged me with the dreaded Six Random Things tag.
It turns out there are numerous rites and rituals associated with this. For starters, the SIX RANDOM THINGS RULES:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Herewith, the Random Things:
1. I have, or had, perfect pitch. (I do not know if this is something that changes over time.)
2. I shook hands with Boris Yeltsin once and was mugged once. Both took place on the same day.
3. My primary formative humor influences were Bob Newhart (reinforced by my dad, who bears a strong physical and humorous resemblance) and Monty Python.
4. I have never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" and now it's basically a contest to see how long I can go without seeing it.
5. I have had dreams with soundtracks, end credits, and subtitles (though not all in one dream).
6. When visiting a major (i.e. named on a map) body of water, I try to put at least one foot into it or, ideally, step into it. Super bonus points for swimming in it.
Here is where I do the blog equivalent of standing in the middle of field in a suit of armor waving a nine-iron over my head during an electrical storm. I am not big on chain letters and honestly do not remotely know six other bloggers who would pick this one up (J took all the good ones). I hereby throw caution to the wind and expressly fail to follow rules Four and Five. Apologies to those offended.