Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Ammunition?

It's daunting to follow an inspiring post like JWT's with nothing more than a link or two, but I saw this post on Cocktail Party Physics recently and have been meaning to bring it to the attention of the throng because, after all, reading about drinking is second only to actually drinking. It makes me wish I liked martinis.

The post particularly captured my interest by leading off with a reference to The Thin Man, perhaps the finest film in the alcoholic private detective genre. Coincidentally, those unfamilar with the movie could catch it tonight in a booze-soaked double-feature at the Black Cat. Mid-week booze-soakings, unfortunately, have become a thing of the past for most of us.

3 comments:

J. said...

The spouse and I watched The Thin Man on New Year's Eve, which seemed appropriate. The spouse had never seen it and was shocked by the amount of drinking that went on. Ah, the good old days. Cheers!

jjv said...

I must say these two posts in a row are outstanding.

Dave S. said...

Yes. I like the tags particularly.