Tuesday, November 11, 2008

From Russia with Strict Ideological Correctness

My contact in the world of Eastern Orthodoxy notes the unsurprising reaction of Russian Communists to the casting of a Ukrainian in the latest Bond film.

Among other terms the Communists occur to Olga Kurylenko as "Wanton Daughter of unclean Ukraine and deserter of the Slavic world." Tell us how you really feel, comrades. I guess the whole Dale Carnegie craze has run its course over there.

Update 11/12: In comments, JJV reminds me that he was the one who tipped me off to this. Mea maxima culpa. I think I was thrown off by the "wanton daughter" bit which sounded like it could have been lifted from some trans-Carpathian jeremiad.

5 comments:

J. said...

Ya know, that's what so great about THIS country: we don't care where the chick is from if she's hot (i.e., has a pretty face and a nice hooters). We just want to know where she's going.

jjv said...

Ahem...it was not your contact into the world of Eastern Orthodoxy who sent you that item. It was your monitor, to quote J, of the world of pretty faces and nice hooters, with particular attention to the odd behavior caused therefrom.

Dave S. said...

Yikes, you are correct. (Wow, it hurt to type that.) Mea maxima culpa. I will update the post when I have a moment.

J. said...

I cannot believe JJV is quoting me, that Dave had to admit JJV was correct, and that I had a major typo in my comment. For the record, I meant to type "nice hooters" (no "a") or possibly "a nice set of hooters." You can choose. Whew. I feel much better now. Btw, extra points are given to Bond girls with real ta-tas.

Dave S. said...

No need to apologize, J. JJV and I went straight to "hooters."