Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Want to rent my apartment?

ObamaDCBound.com does. They have pretty photos of the President-Elect and his family looking as if they're the faces of this site.

All of the cars on my block were plastered with "YES YOU CAN RENT" flyers from this organization. Not very green, plus I thought I had been issued a ticket.

If the Obama Revolution is all about peace and love and harmony and spreading the wealth, why would people need to pay to stay in DC? I'm thinking that the Inaugural Weekend would have more of a Haight-Ashbury/Summer of Love, "just crash man" vibe. Now that Virginia is a blue state, visitors will have more couches to choose from. Gas prices are down...get in your Winnebago and pick a driveway!

I could rent my lovely little abode, offer to make my guests a lovely breakfast and pack them a nice lunch. I would earn enough cash to fill my house-fund piggy bank. Hey, I'll be working the entire time and would not be in the way.

But, I voted for McCain so I'd probably be disqualified because of conservative cooties.

2 comments:

J. said...

Go for it, EMM! You could make a small fortune. Just leave out the part about voting for McCain - Palin -- or maybe offer a discount for GOP members. ; )

Btw, am still waiting for one of your funny comments on my latest post. ; ) (Sniff.)

EMM said...

Sorry J! Have been a slave to the Hotel...will be there all weekend as MOD...yup, paid to eat & sleep in that beautiful place. Kind of like being a mystery shopper (I'm not complaining).

Yes to shoe shopping! Am off to add a pithy comment to your always entertaining blog!