Friday, January 02, 2009

Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll...

I’m not ashamed to admit it, I love VH1’s “Best of” shows and “Greatest” lists. This week, “The 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs” were rolled out. Until MTV, I was a heavy metal girl (who would have guessed?). I was pissed at my parents when they would not let me attend an AC/DC concert in 9th grade. I finally got my way junior year and saw Def Lepard’s Pyromania Tour.

Get cozy on the couch and watch the marathon that will invariably make it into rotation some cold, blustery weekend day. The top 5…

5 – Metallica - Enter Sandman
4 – Black Sabbath – Paranoid
3 – Led Zeppelin – Whole Lotta Love
2 – AC/DC – Back in Black (still have this on vinyl boys & girls)
1 – Guns N’ Roses – Welcome to the Jungle

Rock on dudes!

5 comments:

jjv said...

Not to quibble, but nothing in this post is about sex or drugs. I also detest metal bands and would devote enormous resources to avoiding everyone of those bands--and have.

EMM said...

The sex and drugs were used to lure you in...mwahahahahahaha.

I appreciate the quibble and counter with; The Kinks, The Ramones, The Clash, Buce Springsteen, The Police, Prince and even The Carpenters. All on the list and none of them "metal".

Anonymous said...

That little pothead that put GnR on top of the list deserves a swirly.

What about GWAR?

Dave S. said...

You mean these guys? Sure, why not?

Anonymous said...

that list could have been titled: 5 songs most likely to be sampled in a Sports Arena - and would be fairly accurate.

maybe sub in crazy train for paranoid to clinch it.