Sunday, October 28, 2012

Te Hurricanuri Salutamus

A quick look at the masthead tells me that all but one of us are about to be impacted in some way by the imminent arrival of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Sandy. I just want to say Good luck, and we're all counting on you.

NBC has a nifty storm tracker (h/t J) which indicates that the remnants of Sandy will pass directly over my folks as it moves northward across western New York. Hang tight, Mom and Dad!

Laura has been an even more efficient preparer than usual; we are watered, iced and have plenty of food to ride out the inevitable power outages. Fortunately, Dominion Power seems to rely slightly less on balsa wood for its infrastructure than Pepco, so we are hoping for the best. In my condition I have had to limit myself to moving the Percocet to higher ground. (Actually our house is at the highest point in the neighborhood so we have not experienced any direct effects of flooding from past storms, and we're keeping our fingers crossed about Sandy.)

Stay safe, everyone, and we'll see you on the other side!

No comments: